Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Friday, May 13, 2011

Work and Play in Sabga

We headed up to sleep in Sabga for a few days early in the week so I could work on the plane with Don Wright.  We always feel refreshed after being there.  I always say that if you need a recovery from something, go to Sabga.  Here are some pictures of the two days work and play!
One of my new favorite pics with Elias!  The zip line was set up for the Family Camp, and the kids are still enjoying it.
Elias eating G-nuts (peanuts) keeping me company while I clean the wheel halves for inspection. 
Our missionary-mechanic, Don Wright helping me learn how to maintain and inspect the Glastar.  On Tuesday, we removed the whole wheel and brake assemblies to change the worn out tires, inspect the wheel halves which will need replaced and also to install new mud flaps to keep the mud, cow pies, and rocks off of the plane. 
Missionary Ben Sinclair stopping by to chat and help while his kids took piano lessons from Sarah Needham. 
Don showed me how to look for cracks or pits in the wheel.  They are getting in bad shape with lots of pits, so we are ordering some new ones...super expensive!  Pray we can find some good used ones. 
Thanks, Rosemary, for arranging horses for all the kids (Sanderlins, Sinclairs, and Nick Wright)! 

Don installing the new mud flaps.

Tightening the wheel with the new tire! 
Sleeping in the hangar...the kids in the tent and pack-n-play; Abby and I the loft room...very nice set up if you like planes...
...which Abby made the comment that Elias was in heaven waking up and immediately helping me getting the plane ready to fly.  Unfortunately, it was too windy and then rainy to fly. 
The new mud flaps...not something you see on most planes.  I love flying in Cameroon! 

3 comments:

Anna & Emily said...

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Love,
Anna

Unknown said...

Elias is getting SOOO big! Love the pictures, I'm sure he was in heaven being around the plane so much.
Miss you guys super bad, love ya lots! Praying for you.
~Abz

Mom B. said...

Thanks for all the pics - just love to see all I can of your life in Cameroon (makes us all feel close to you from over here :)Is there actually a "loft room" to sleep in in the hangar - cool!

Praying for you all-love,
Mom