Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Extreme sport bush ride out of Bum

Extreme is a good word to describe the happenings of Wednesday through Friday ministry in Bum.  My cultural meter was pegged though I never felt overwhelmed.  I rather enjoy Africa, but sometimes I wonder how I got myself into particular things.  

Wednesday:

For instance, I woke up Wednesday knowing that we had to drive out of Bum territory to find the only welder who would be able to do the job on the RAV4.  The Mayor was gone, so we couldn't ask to borrow the council truck.  Instead Roger and I arranged for a motorcycle taxi to take us the hour plus drive to a town called Dumbu, a town whose road leads to Nigeria.  The motorcycle driver must have thought that I requested an extreme sport bush ride.  He not only drove fast on the straight-a-ways but also on the stone tracks and bridges.  On a straight-a-way before Dumbu I told him that I didn't want to die today.  Once it dawned on him what I said, he busted out laughing while he continued driving for all his machine was worth...praise the Lord for your prayers!  I know I was praying!  

We were able to pass out a number of tracts in Dumbu and witness to some.  Godfred and David were able to lead a few to Christ in Fonfuka while I was away in Dumbu.  That evening, I was able to give the Fon some gifts including a new document travel bag and another watch. 

My internet connection is terrible right now, so I’ll post more later. 

 

No comments: