Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Dawn Patrol: Ngaoundere Trip

Bro. Tom Needham flew the Bachman family part of the way of their LONG journey from the top of Cameroon to the NW region where we live and have the Family Camp every year.  I was able to help fly them back allowing them to bring a bit more cargo for their return home.  I flew the cargo, and bro. Tom flew the family for the two-hour flight.  It was a new airport and route for me, and I really enjoyed the day logging almost 5 hours of flying.
Dawn patrol...getting our planes ready at 5:30am
Picking up the Bachman family at the Mbingo airstrip just over the mountain from Sabga.  Sorry, I didn't get a picture of them the whole day...I'll try to get one from Tom. 
Sitting on the ramp of a beautifully paved airport after a two-plus hour flight straight into the wind the whole way to Ngaoundere.
Bro. Tom's Sportsman out my window
Tom and I stopped at the Banyo airstrip on the way back from Ngaoundere to Sabga.  It was a very nice dirt field busy with foot traffic, cows, and motorcycles. 
Bro. Tom preached to a group of people who came out to see the planes. 
Flying near Ndop (top left) on the way back to Sabga.  We enjoyed a nice tailwind on the way back. 
Elias running to see me.  Elena was already on my lap! 
Chloe is still unsure about the airplane noise
Elena playing with her friends on the airfield in Sabga

No comments: