Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Visit from the Fon

The Fon made me a messenger of his palace earlier in November, and he came to visit us in our own house yesterday.  His palace is hard 9 to 11 hours away, so we were happy to see him as he took care of business in the provincial capital nearby.  He also introduced me to some of his own people who stay in our town. 
Visiting Camp Joy and getting a "tour" from Pastor Ernest.  Ernest was with me the first time we met the Fon in February. 
Pray that the Camp Joy ministry will be a way to reach some of the young people for Christ in his villages.  The Fon is excited about the opportunity.  We can either take the camp ministry to them by transporting the staff via airplanes or we can fly a few campers out of their villages to Camp Joy.  This would all depend on getting an airstrip put in, so pray for the necessary permissions from the national government.  
Lastly, we took a tour of the hangar, airplanes, and airfield in Sabga.  Pastor Julius knows the Fon as he was with us reaching the palace a few weeks ago. 
Praise the Lord for open doors for the furtherance of the Gospel! 

8 comments:

GRANDDAD S said...

Fontastic!

Dad S.

Anna & Emily said...

Great pics! Where is Elias in the 1st pic ~ I saw everyone, except Elias?! :-)
Love ya,
Blans

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

I am sure Elias will be ask the same question when he grows up...he was taking his nap! Hopefully, he'll get another chance some other time.

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

I am sure Elias will be asking the same question when he grows up...he was taking his nap! Hopefully, he'll get another chance some other time.

Abigail Joshua said...

That is such an awesome opportunity! I will be praying for you all as well as for the people of Bum. Oh, maybe he will make me his daughter the next time I visit:-)
Miss and love ya lots!
~Abz

Abigail Joshua said...

P.S. Knowing how important Elias' naps are to him I'm sure he will forgive you for not waking him up for the picture

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

I am sure he would be glad to make you part of the family, but then you would be my sister! I forgot to mention that he gave a Abby a new name when he was here...Rose!

Abigail Joshua said...

Oh yea, I didn't think of that... I guess I'll pass up the opportunity to become his daughter if it means I'll have to be your sister :-) Aw, thats so awesome! So is that what he calls her? Does it have a cool meaning like your name or did he just pick it because she is so beautiful?