Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Back to work...

I welcomed a three week break from flying, but during that time I missed out on some beautiful flying weather…no rain and good visibility.  Now the harmattan dust is here with poor visibility.  Praise the Lord for his safety during the unpredictable weather of rainy season, but now we pray for safety during the challenges of dry season dust, smoke, and haze.  We were able to catch up on some ministry in Ndop and spend a little more time together as a family the last few weeks as well. 

We watched with interest on TV the visit of the President of Cameroon to our regional capital of Bamenda the last few days.  His visit to this region was very important to the country, and we praise the Lord for a safe and successful trip for him.  The skies were busier with military and transport planes, which was one reason why I was grounded from flying for at least the last week. 

Today on my first dry season mission, I was able to finally fly in to Akwaya to bring out Pastor Felix.  He has been waiting for me for a week due to illness.  Praise the Lord he is doing better and is looking forward to some time out of Akwaya.  He mentioned the Lord’s hand in the village of Matene, which is one of the hardest places for him to reach on foot.  Pray for Felix’s knee, which is really hindering him lately, and another reason why he needed to fly out. 

5 comments:

Anna & Emily said...

I still haven't flown with you yet, Sambo! :-)

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

Tell you what...when you come to Cameroon, I'll fly you up from the big airport to the small airfield where we live! Don't tell Abby J though!

Abigail Joshua said...

You are such a meanie! Of course you would offer to fly Anna but of course never thought to take me for a ride!

Mom S. said...

I love the family pic.....I need to make one for my 8x10 frame to replace the picture taken at Christmas 2 yrs ago! You all look great, healthy and happy! Looking forward to seeing you soon and being back at BBC Ndop! Thanks for the updates. Emily and I are looking forward to our visit and praying that all will fall into place with the visa's etc. Love, Mom

Weadock Family said...

GREAT family picture!!! You guys look so happy doing the work the Lord has called you to :) We're praying for you and your family.