Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Meyerim kids

So, I have been swamped flying this week, but it has been fun.  Yesterday on my first flight to Meyerim, Akwaya, I landed and taxied up to a pretty sizable group of kids.  They greeted me with their usual smiles and "welcome, Pastor Sam..."  But when one of them looked in the back of the plane, he started shouting and cheering.  Soon a bunch of the kids ran to the back of the plane and did the same.  I couldn't figure out what they saw in my cargo that interested them so much.  A few minutes later, one of the men from the village asks me where his school teachers are.  I asked if he meant the two ladies that I flew out a few days ago, and he said that they were the ones.  I told him they were coming on the next flight and that I didn't realize that they were teachers.  I asked if the kids were cheering because they didn't see their teachers in the plane, and he affirmed that that was the reason...so you see kids in the bush of Africa are pretty normal after all!!! 
However, when I did fly their teachers back into the village on the next flight, they gave them a royal welcome that would make anyone happy! 

Pray for the children in Akwaya!!

2 comments:

Grammy Wicht said...

Thanks so much Sanderlins!
I pray you have a very Merry Christmas!
Love and prayers,
Cindy W

Kathy Anthony said...

Hi, just caught up with your blog. So excited to see all that you are doing in Cameroon. We pray regularly for you and your ministry. And for safety for Sam flying. Also for you to get airstrips. So fun to see how the kids are growing. Just wish I could cuddle Chloe!!

I am working on your package, just a bit slow this year. I guess it will be a new year's box. I will let you know when it is in the mail.