I enjoy giving people their first flight, and on Monday, I was able to take Roger up for his first flight ever. He is from Bum and a prospective student for the Bible institute. I really enjoy working with him and pray that the Lord will use him in a great way to reach his people with the gospel. I look forward to the day that I can fly Roger out to an airstrip in Bum...please pray to that end. The application for the new airfield has already been submitted.
Taxing for takeoff...
Ready for takeoff...
The new mud guard in flight over Camp Joy and Bamessing village
This is Ndop Town, a town of about 26,000 people where we live and have planted Believers Baptist Church.
Welcome to the news page for the Sam Sanderlin family. We are serving in the country of Cameroon, West Africa. We are planting churches in the Northwest Region and using aviation to reach out into the remote areas of the Southwest Region where the gospel is little known. Our sending church is Wyldewood Baptist in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Our sending agency, Wings as Eagles Mission Air Service, is a ministry of our home church.
Greetings from Cameroon!
II Thessalonians 3:1
"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"




6 comments:
Dad and I have followed all the posts from the Bum trip....so much to take in! We are thankful you are back safe and sound....what a motorcycle ride and those roads! Good to know you are back in the air and off the ring road for awhile :). Please greet Roger...did he like the flight? Is he there for his school exam? Hope he is able to start Bible College this year. Give Elias a big kiss from Grammie and tell him I am so sorry about his foot but glad his mommy is such a good nurse. Sounds like the Rav 4 has been a great car for you (I see them everywhere now) Love and miss you all. Mom
And I quote: "I enjoy giving people their first flight *except for Abi Joshua who came all the way from America to ride in my plane*". Don't worry, I don't feel bad in the least! I'm just glad you take so much joy in giving other people rides in your plane.
I miss you guys SOOOO much and if I had a plane I would fly there ASAP! Praying for you guys.
Love ya!
~AbZ
Abby, if I had known in the least how much you like flying, I would have taken you. I honestly missed the memo when you were here. To quote another man, "Nobody told me!" Maybe it when in one ear and out the other? Maybe I was thinking about something else when you mentioned how much you would have like to have gone flying over some of the most beautiful country in the world. Anyway, I promise to take you next time you come, which if you wouldn't mind making it this August we could use help with VBS :) Take care! -Sam
Don't worry Sam, I won't hold it against you:-) I actually didn't think about it too much until it was too late. I'm sure it is gorgeous from the sky though! Cameroon is a pretty amazing place. If I could, I would be there in August! I would LOVE to be there for VBS again, I was just thinking about it the other day. If you wanted to fly over and pick me up I'm sure I could make it :-)
They are having VBS in Akwaya starting today. I flew half of the people out and Tom flew the other half. Your friend, Rosemary, was one that flew out.
So, have you ever flown in a small plane?
Awesome! I will be praying for them, please tell Rosemary I said hi when you bring her back :-) No, I haven't ever been in a small plane like yours. I think I was there one time when you and Abz went for a plane ride but I never actually rode in the plane. Don't worry, next time I come I plan on collecting :-)
Post a Comment