Lake Nyos, site of the 1986 disaster that killed 1,700 Cameroonians. Read about it at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Nyos
and http://www.geo.arizona.edu/geo5xx/geos577/projects/kayzar/html/lake_nyos_disaster.html
Pastors Julius, Chrysanthus, Ernest, and me at the base of the lake. We slept in army barracks at the top of the lake. The soldiers are there guarding the environment. We were eating around the fire at night while one of soldiers was telling us about the 12 to 16 meter pythons that live nearby. He new everything about that snake and enjoys hunting them. I requested to sleep in his room and it was granted to me!!! We declined a python hunting expedition. I learned things about pythons that I wish I never knew!
Sunk into a mud pit on the way home...
30 minutes and 10-15 guys later!
Pray for this site near the town of Wum where we are praying to put in an airstrip to reach Wum and villages inside and outside of the Ring Road.
Welcome to the news page for the Sam Sanderlin family. We are serving in the country of Cameroon, West Africa. We are planting churches in the Northwest Region and using aviation to reach out into the remote areas of the Southwest Region where the gospel is little known. Our sending church is Wyldewood Baptist in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Our sending agency, Wings as Eagles Mission Air Service, is a ministry of our home church.
Greetings from Cameroon!
II Thessalonians 3:1
"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"








2 comments:
The pictures are beautiful and make me miss Cameroon even more! I hope your trip went well. I can't imagine you taking that trip with your old car! That would have been interesting to see :-)Even with the new truck it looks like it was still quite eventful! Miss and love you all lots! Praying for you
Totally gross! Smart move, Sam, sleeping INSIDE - AWAY FROM SNAKES!!!
Post a Comment