Sorry for the lack of pictures...but we have had an exciting two weeks!
Two Sundays ago we had Pastor Ernest and his family in to the church in Ndop and then to our house for lunch. He is the director of Camp Joy. He preached for us and informed the church in detail about the camp.
On Monday two weeks ago, Matthew, Chrysanthus, and I hiked up Ngoketunjia Mountain that overlooks Ndop. This is the mountain that the division is named after. It affords a beautiful look at most if not all of the thirteen villages (if you know where to look) in Ngotetunjia...plus Sabga and then looking the other way to Banso and the Foumban area.
Overlooking Ndop...
We celebrated "the 20th of May" in Ndop for their 50th anniversary of Independence (1960). There was lots of marching and speeches, etc. in Ndop. Matthew, Chrysanthus, and I passed out maybe 1,000 tracts and had fun watching it all before calling it quits due to the hot sun.
This is Elias taking some coins from the Fon (chief) of Babungo, our neighboring village. We brought him some gifts for his very large family including lots of soap, salt, and Bibles. We hope to begin a Bible study in this village on this coming Friday. Please pray for the furtherance of the gospel in this town. Here are a few more pictures of this impressive palace and compound.
My flight to Akwaya yesterday. Felix is here witnessing to the lady that I was going to take to the hospital. He was witnessing in Pidgin and the ladies daughter was translating into her village language.
The deaf students on the grounds of Mbingo Baptist Hospital.
Ready for takeoff at Mbingo heading back to the home base at Sabga. I landed in Sabga with some incredible tail winds. The weather was strange that day but we are thankful for two safe flights in support of Felix and the Akwaya people.
Ok, so this is why you all should really be praying for us...can you guess what we found in our yard the other night? I am holding up a snake skin that a large black poisonous snake decided to shed as he came out of hibernation in our yard. The dogs were barking at an alarming rate and sound, so I went to check what was happening. I shouted for Matthew to bring me a machete and some sticks or anything. By the time we got all situated and ready to kill he slipped down a hole...probably the same one he had been sleeping in. I was so mad that I missed the opportunity to kill him, but I was afraid it might a spitting cobra. I hate snakes!! Anyway, after failing to coax him out again by pouring fuel then water down his hole, we decided to seal the hole with cement. Maybe he is dead, but who really knows. So, the largest snake I have seen so far in Cameroon was in my very own yard!! You can see the snake would be about 5 feet long in the above picture. We hope your week does not include any snakes!! Have a great week and thanks for praying!
Welcome to the news page for the Sam Sanderlin family. We are serving in the country of Cameroon, West Africa. We are planting churches in the Northwest Region and using aviation to reach out into the remote areas of the Southwest Region where the gospel is little known. Our sending church is Wyldewood Baptist in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Our sending agency, Wings as Eagles Mission Air Service, is a ministry of our home church.
Greetings from Cameroon!
II Thessalonians 3:1
"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"


















8 comments:
Sam: I could have gone my whole life without seeing or reading that. Thanks a lot.
No problem, man! Just wanted to share the joys of Africa with those who may never see them, snakes that is.
Thanks so much for sharing that snake story! You could have at least waited until after I arrived :-) Rach came into the kitchen last night and asked if I had seen your blog to which I replied... what is there a picture of a snake? I never dreamed it would be so big :-) Don't worry, I'm still super excited! I'm just going to take a few lessons on how to kill a snake. I hope they aren't like worms and when you chop them they just split apart and go their seperate ways. ew! Can't wait to come! Love you all
NASTY!!!
GROSS!!! I just HATE snakes!!! We have them here too, but I don't think I've ever seen one quite that big! Joy!!!;) Just hope the kiddies and y'all stay safe! Don't be like Uncle David and play with snakes, Elena and Elias!:) Love you!! Glad you're safe!!!
Snakes are not my favorite thing either! Happy that you are all safe.
Sam, I just can't even look at this!
Aunt Kris
Well, we have done a lot to secure our borders in the last month to prevent these illegal snakes. Haven't seen a big one, but our guard killed another tiny one. The dogs are a big help. Abby, I'll prepare a special snake stick for you in case one blocks your path. Hopefully, you'll never even see one!
Post a Comment