The day began normally with 3,000 students walking by our house between 7 and 8 am. But then a little bit after 8 we heard some of them back and this time they were talking just outside the gate. We went out to see the commotion and many of the students were on "work detail" or "community help project" or whatever you want to call it. Anyway, they were watering the road! The students were going to the nearby stream, getting a bucket full of water, and then watering the dirt road to keep the dust down for the day. It is probably a little more effective when a truck passes by with a tanker full of water, but we'll take a little less dust for a day either way. We took the opportunity to pass out many of our tracts themed around the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The title of the tract is "Are you going? 2010."
Chrysanthus came over as usual at 9 am for our study and prayer time. We are going through a series of DVD preaching on the churches of Revelation. We then discuss issues relating to the church and then pray together. It is always a great time.
Abby has a lady come over at the same time every Tuesday to cook and clean. It is so helpful to have her here two times every week! Today she made njama-njama and foo-foo for the afternoon guests.
Chrysanthus and I then left around 11:30 to check two streams to see which one would have enough water for baptism this late in the dry season. The first one was near our house, and I had never actually seen the water. We took a little path down from the road and came to the water. The water was stagnant with too many mosquitoes and algae. There was also an old car that must have come over the bridge many years ago. I doubt the people survived that one as the bridge is fairly high. I knew that that water was not going to work for us!
The second water is the one I was planning to use Sunday and it was still in good shape. The water comes up to the middle of my thighs which should be acceptable. It is little muddy but very doable. Pray for the people planning to be baptized on Sunday.
I took Chrysanthus home and then David and I picked up our cane chair furniture set. After getting that set up it was time to go and pick up Chrysanthus and his family for an afternoon of fellowship. It is the first time we had them all over just for a relaxing week day afternoon. Chrysanthus, David, and I hulled some coffee beans, and then I roasted them, ground them, and put them in my new coffee maker. These beans were from Banso and like everything that comes from there turned out to be great tasting coffee!!
We ate the njama-njama and foo-foo and then the ladies made banana bread. Elena and Elias had a great time playing with Miriam, Moses, Aquilla, and Priscilla. These are Chrysanthus and Valise's children. Also Mercy and Yvonne, two other neighbors came over to play. I drove Chrsyanthus' family home after dark which is always a challenge with no street lights and the main street busy as can be with people, animals, motorcycles, cars, and trucks.
Abby and I then enjoyed a date on the front porch on our new cane furniture! I got a little reading in after putting the kids to bed. Abby cleaned up the kitchen and we ended the day as tired as can be. Hope you enjoyed the longer than usual post and pictures! The kids are up early this morning, we all enjoyed watching the sun come up from our new cane couch on the back porch. Did I mention that the freshly roasted coffee was exceptionally good this morning!! We are ready for another busy day!
"...his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness."




1 comment:
I DID enjoy the "longer post" - thanks!! It's never too long for me. I love the cane furniture - how nice and sounds like a wonderful day of fellowship :) Thanks for taking the time to take pics and updating us all. We love it!
Love, Mom (for everybody here in AA)
Post a Comment