It was only a matter of time before Elena made it to the sky. I'm thankful that I was able to be her first pilot! Abby sat in the back and kept an eye on Elena, but Elena slept soundly the whole way from New Bern to the Outer Banks. On the way I practiced more instrument flying with Jack Hunt in preparation for the check ride coming up. We landed at First Flight airport in Kitty Hawk and enjoyed looking at the Wright brothers memorial. Then we flew to a nearby airport on Roanoke Island where we found a Subway nearby for lunch. Aviation has come a long way in over a hundred years, and we look forward to using this tool to take the gospel to people in Cameroon who need to be saved. There are villages in hard to reach places in Cameroon asking for preachers and someone to start churches. Please pray that we finish the aviation training we need and that our family will be able to get to the mission field soon. Elena had her first flight today, and we pray that we will be able to take our first flight in Cameroon soon. Please continue to pray for funds for the plane we desire to buy in Cameroon.
6 comments:
Land sakes, that baby isn't even crawling yet and you've got her in that machine!!! I'm sure that you are enjoying all the flights and studies. Tell Elena hi from Uncle Dit.
We have been praying for you on your instrument rating deal -- I put a request in church too. Hope it all goes well. Most of all, I hope that you are not wearing a Cubs hat in that picture -- you will never pass that way.
Look forward to seeing you this weekend!!!!!! I've been practicing my basketball so I'll be ready!
Grandma Lois couldn't believe you'd take Elena flying this early - I told her it will just be her life - begging daddy to go along, I can see it all now...
Sam, did you tell your Aunt Kris that your mom even rode with you(and had good comments!!) Maybe she'll have the opportunity to go up with you yet... Hey, if I can do it, anybody can :), right?!
Bet the Wright Bros. wish there had been a Subway that they could have flown to for lunch...:)
Love this blog spot - the updates and the pics - keep us all posted. You're in our thoughts and prayers daily.
Love from Michigan,
Dad & Mom B.
Dear Elena, So you slept through your first flight with your daddy!!Your grammie didn't!! I was wide awake and praying the whole time. Just kidding, I did enjoy my first time up with your Daddy. I heard your daddy received a 97% on his written exam Sat. That's great and another step to being a great pilot. Loved the picture of you in that silly chair. I always wonder what is next in baby things. Grandad just pulled in from a deacon's mtg and hasn't had supper yet....We will see you in a few weeks.,Lord willing. Love Grammie
Thanks to everyone who prayed for me in regards to the written exam! Praise the Lord I passed with a 97%. The oral and flight exam are on a pass fail basis so I have to pass with not much buffer. Talk to y'all later.
awww, that's so sweet! I'm sure she'll love to go flyin' when she gets older! She keeps getting cuter and cuter;-)
Post a Comment