Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Monday, April 02, 2012

Bum Airstrip, trip 4




On Tuesday last week, Ty Thebeau and I drove to Fonfuka, Bum to continue work on the airfield.  It was my fourth trip there in 5 weeks.  I rented a front-end loader (made in Peoria, IL of all places!) for one day and at the end of 8 hours the operator of the machine had the field completely cleared of trees and brush.  Ty brought his chainsaw and cut down a lot of trees on and around the field.  Here are some pictures of the trip. 

Today, Abby and I flew over the field to see how it looks from above…very nice!  Please pray with us that another machine will be available in the bush to level the field, pack it down, and make drains. 

3 comments:

Mom B. said...

How exciting!! But looks like alot of work...any way to define the field (to see it better from the sky) or do you just have to have "pilot's eyes"? :) Thanks for sharing all the pics - makes me almost feel like I'm there :)

Love you guys,
Mom B.

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

Hi Mom, good idea. I just added lines and text around the football field and the airstrip. Hope you can see them better now! -Sam

Peggy said...

Thanks, Sam - what a guy!! Would you have any trouble seeing where the strip is from the sky? Want us to send you some orange spray paint? :)
Good thing you're the pilot and not me, right?!

Love you all,
Mom