I see that there is something awesome in the clouds...especially today. Almost every day of my life since I have become a pilot, I find myself looking up to the sky to see what the clouds are doing. Today, I found myself joining their lofty heights and enjoying their brilliant white beauty. I am amazed at the power and speed that is contained in the clouds built in the skies here. They truly add something amazing to the canvass of God's firmament. "...who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:" "...can any man understand the spreadings of the clouds...?" "he scattereth his bright cloud: And it is turned round about by his counsels: that they may do whatsoever he commandeth them upon the face of the world in the earth." "...stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God. Dost thou know when God disposed them, and caused the light of his cloud to shine? Dost thou know the balancing of the clouds, the wondrous works of him which is perfect in knowledge?" "Hast thou with him spread out the sky?" Take a look at the clouds today and think of the One who is making and commanding them!
I really enjoy the days that Tom and I get to fly our two planes partnering in Akwaya outreach or Far North missionary support. Today was one such day that we partnered in unexpected maintenance on the Glastar before a beautiful flight.
Tom noticed my tailwheel sagging while I was fueling the plane, and after we got closer to it to look it didn't take long to see the bottom spring had snapped in two. Apparently it broke on my last flight...or should I say landing! Those things sure take a beating out here on these strips.
Tom and I had a spare leaf spring put on in under two hours along with other minor repairs that we found necessary. We still have to remove it again to make some more adjustments to the springs.
Heading for that hole on the left and getting ready to kick up some clouds on the descent!
Enjoying the view
Today, we flew campers back to Akwaya, and then brought out more campers for this next week at Camp Joy.
Here is my new Dynon EFIS in action. It is working beautifully, and that one computer instrument takes the place of the rest of the instruments around it!
Approaching Meyerim ridge. Notice if you can the big rain shower in the distance.
Approaching Meyerim field (in the center). The wind was ripping at 20 knots above the field but was more manageable on the field...always an exciting time when coming in to land here!
Our little buddies at Meyerim!
Cloud-dodger (left...Tom) and Cloudkicker (right...me...maybe my bros will know why I like that name!)
A beautiful sight approaching the mountains before the Bamenda valley
Waterfalls roaring right under the towering cumulus clouds on top of Ntaya mountain
That cloud is developing some serious power and altitude. You might say he is rising above the rest!
Blue sky, white cloud, green grass, brown river! I love those earth colors!
Approaching Sabga pass
A beautiful view of Sabga on the right, the airfield in the middle, and Tom's house in the center left. Hope you enjoyed the post. I know I enjoyed making it happen!
Welcome to the news page for the Sam Sanderlin family. We are serving in the country of Cameroon, West Africa. We are planting churches in the Northwest Region and using aviation to reach out into the remote areas of the Southwest Region where the gospel is little known. Our sending church is Wyldewood Baptist in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Our sending agency, Wings as Eagles Mission Air Service, is a ministry of our home church.
Greetings from Cameroon!
II Thessalonians 3:1
"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"
















4 comments:
Praise the Lord you found the problem with the sagging wheel :) Praying the Lord continues to keep you safe with all the flying :)
Adam and Katie :)
Good thing you two guys watch out for each other:) I always pray for your (& Tom's)safety in flying. Beautiful pics from "up there" - a bit more lush than flying over AA!
Love,
Mom B.
Intriguing pictures and soulstirring as well. I wondered how close you are to the Bachmans (under GFA). I believe they must be further north in a more heavily Muslim area. Will be praying for you and your precious little ones as you spend your lives for the sake of souls.
"My sweet Abby" It seems it was only yesterday that I stood at the livingroom window peering out on a scene that blessed a dad's heart. My beautiful sweet precious 8 year old daughter Abby, dressed in a long blue coat, pouring her all into raking the maple leaves from our front extension. So intent a worker, so sweet and gentle a person and her playful sister Anna jumping into the piled leaves...I love you Abby, Sam, Elena, Elias, Cloe. Keep up the great work for the Lord Jesus Christ, lots of love, dad b.
Post a Comment