I had an awesome flight to the region of Cameroon called the Extreme North. The journey to where we went is a physically taxing 2 to 3 day drive. Bro. Tom and I were able to transport one missionary and his cargo up to Maroua, and then bring back a missionary family of five, their cargo, and their dog. Their dog, Ebony, is actually the brother of our dog chocolate. Anyway, we praise the Lord for safety and a great round trip.
The hotel room where Tom and stayed. Each room was its own separate little bungalow.
The awesome restaurant at the hotel!
I called and told Abby that I saw some donkeys, and Elena couldn't believe it...so I got a picture for her!
Getting ready to leave the airport in Maroua.
Randy Studdard and I...his daughter Grace is in the back.
A dry river bed...
The last 20 minutes of the 4 hour flight were a bit exciting today, as I climbed to 9,500 feet to get over a huge cumulus build-up only to have to dive back down through a hole before it all closed me in on top. I was racing for Sabga for the last ten minutes as weather was a bit iffy at the airfield. I really enjoyed flying behind bro. Tom, thought he beat me to Sabga by 20 minutes.
I ordered a starter for the Glastar, but haven't had time to put it on. After the plane almost didn't start today in Maroua, I decided to change it out as soon as I got back.
While Abby and I were relating the events of the last day, Chloe decided to go ahead and feed herself.










6 comments:
Thanks for all the great posts, Sam. You are doing a wonderful job keeping your prayer warriors back home informed and interested in what the Lord's doing there. BTW, We just spent last Sunday morning in Dunbar, PA on our way home from IL:) ~Laura
Sam, thanks so much for posting! I'm glad to see you made it back home safely! I must say, I've never seen a hotel quite like that.. it was very interesting :-) Miss y'all! BTW I LOVE the new blog picture at the top! So cute! The kids are getting too big, though! Tell them that they can't grow anymore til I can see them.. ;-) Love you!
Well, if you want them to stop growing before you see them next, then you should just plan a trip out here soon :)
Thanks for praying, all!
I agree Sam!! Just pray, save, pray some more and call Terry Rushing. He will be glad to help anyone get a ticket, visa etc. He sure was a big help to Emily and I. We were talking on the way to Camp Joy yesterday about another trip!! Even after two trips there is so much more to see in the N. W. province! We are praying for safe flying through all those clouds. hugs and kisses to all the kiddos. Mom and Dad. S.
You are all welcome to the suite behind the house! By the way, that hotel bungalow room was really nice inside. The whole place had an African feel but was run by a European...very nice combo actually! See you all when you come!
I love the new suit - quite a little gentleman.
Mr C
Post a Comment