After more than three weeks of canceled flights due to bad weather as well as a busy schedule in Ndop, I was back in the air yesterday and today. Praise the Lord for an absolutely beautiful morning before the rains blasted in during the afternoon. It is amazing how fast beautiful, innocent-looking cumulus clouds can build up into the sky soon throwing rain down to the ground.
Above pic...Flying two campers back to their villages in Akwaya. One had an injured knee and the other was recovering from malaria, which kept them from trekking the three day journey with their friends.
The first sign of buildups on my way back to Sabga. Forty-five minutes later this same stretch of sky was blocked by towering clouds.
I flew two Muslim men out of the bush today. The one sitting next to me went blind two months ago due to some illness. I flew them to Sabga and helped them get to Mbingo hospital. Pray that I would get a chance to witness to them as our family heads to Mbingo in a few days for a one-day break.
Flying over one of the areas that I call "Africa's Ireland." It is right before Sabga. We hope to take a picnic or hike to that waterfall in the bottom right while Abby Joshua is here.
Home-sweet-Sabga! I had just dodged a bunch rain showers over the Bamenda area and was able to find a hole to get back to the sunny-side of the mountain. Praise the Lord for two great flights. I am scheduled to make at least two more on Thursday if the weather is nice again. Felix and his new bride are moving back to Akwaya, and I'll fly them back. Today, one of my flights was taking a bunch of their gifts from the wedding and food for their house.





2 comments:
Great to hear you're able to do so much flying. The weather issues must make it an adventure! The pictures are great...nice multi-tasking:) The 2 wedding pics were awesome too! Tell everyone hi for us. Praying for you!
Post a Comment