Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Monday, June 14, 2010

Update from Ndop

Matthew K. gave me most of his pictures before he left, and I wanted to post some of his and ours as well.
Elena is counting mango trees or something like that...no kidding :) 
One of rainy seasons many super clouds...love them from the ground but not from the plane! 
For you dog lovers...Chocolate and Sailor. 
 Playing catch with Matthew...first time to play baseball in over a year!  It felt good to throw again.  I think that is the first time I've played ball at an altitude of 5,800 feet!  Anybody else want to come out and throw the ball with me? 
It sure was great having Matthew around...come back any time! 
Our busy boy at work...Matthew followed Elias around for these nice shots!
A little blurry but worth it...notice the grin! 
When I took Matthew back to the airport 7 hours away, I brought back some treats for Abby, Elena, and Elias.  Abby got lots of American type foods that we can't buy where we live.  Elena got two "new" books.  One is called "Snow" and Abby said she used to have it when she was little.  I got Elias the Cameroon football jersey in the next picture along with a ball. 

Elias and I are wearing our Cameroon jerseys and watching the World Cup every day.  Too bad Cameroon lost their first game against Japan.  I don't think they have a chance now.  Go USA...we saw them draw against England.  USA's goalie was awesome.  Someone is trying to locate a USA "football" jersey for me.  I hope Cameroon and USA can come with a few wins.  Every single game of the World Cup is on the regular channels here.  I doubt that is the case in America :) 

Graduation Saturday in Sabga.  These are the students of the Fundamental Bible Institute.  It was really a very encouraging service. The place was packed out and the overflow outside was full.  I was asked to give a 10 minute challenge to the grads.  There was one other challenge and also a great message from a visiting American preacher.  Pray for these graduates who are serving the Lord around Cameroon. 
A few from our new Bible study in Babungo.  See our prayer letter and a previous blog post for more about this village. 

4 comments:

Stephen and Christina said...

keep posting pics...we love to see them:) miss you all! luv & prayers, Tina

Al Burtt Family said...

Great pics! The pic of Elena with her hair out the window is hilarious - cousins must think alike - Tiz just got a picture this week of Emily doing the exact same thing - I'll have to post it! They are an ocean apart and still doing the same things!!! :-)
Love,
Anna

Mom B. said...

Just love those pics - Elias is growing up so!! So fun to see and hear all the happenings :) Hugs to all from me....

Love, Mom (for everybody)

Mom and Dad S. said...

been awhile since we visited your blog but we sure enjoyed seeing all the pictures and the one of the graduating class...what a blessing. give hugs and kisses to the kids....if you can catch Elias for a second!! good to hear you brought back some food items...I know firsthand that is a real treat. Maybe the next post will have the newest member of your family in it!! Praying for you and trusting you to God's care as Abby's due date gets closer. Love Mom and Dad