Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Elena!

Yes, Elena had a great birthday celebration!  She saw that daddy and mommy both had their own happy birthday cake, so she was looking forward to her own all day.  Abby made Elena a nice cake.  She was asking for a happy birthday cake with the “little fire” on it.  Right before we opened some presents with the Needhams, Grammie (Sanderlin) called.  When Elena heard she was on the phone, she raced as fast as she could to talk to her.  She crashed going too fast around a corner, but got right up and ran to talk to Grammie!  Thanks for all the notes and calls for her and us this month!  Elias’ first birthday is right around the corner. 

4 comments:

Al Burtt Family said...

Happy Birthday, Elena! :-) I hope you had a fun day! We love you and miss you very much!!!
Love,
Anna & Emily

Jim & Jill said...

Probably the cutest/funniest picture I've seen of her. She looks like, "Oh dear, I'm so happy I couldn't be any happier." I love the story of her running & wiping out to talk to Grammie on the phone. Make sure you read her the birthday email I sent this morning!!

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the email to Elena...should I read it to her now or just print it and put in the Elena box for when she can read? She needs some cousins to play with!

Mom B. said...

She's growing up so fast...What a sweetheart - wish we could be there to celebrate with her! Tell her G'pa and G'ma have a special surprise for her in the big container...Wish I could see her face when she sees/hears it :) I loved the story of crashing around the corner - telling her to slow down would be out of character :)

Much love to her and you all,
Mom(for everyone)