Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Michigan Update




We are in the frigid state of Michigan right now working on several projects before the new year. I received my "complex endorsement" today after 10 hours in the Piper Arrow III above. This is required for the commercial license and is the plane that I will take the test in when ready. It is a 200 horsepower, retractable landing gear, controllable pitch propeller airplane that is great to fly! I hope to take the tests before the year is over.
We are working everyday on letters and phone calls to churches trying to fill up January through March's schedule. We have scheduled several meetings recently but still need more. A big "thank you" to those who have helped us make some calls and verify addresses. We are excited about the thought of leaving for Cameroon in April.
We pray that you will all have a wonderful Christmas and remember all that God did for us in sending Jesus Christ to save us through his death and resurrection. What a thought, that God would come from heaven in human form from miraculous conception and birth into an extremely humbling life on earth. Abby and I are going to listen to and watch Handel's Messiah this evening near Detroit. Truly it is one of the best ways to remember all that the Lord did for us. Abby's home church in Ann Arbor will also be holding their Christmas contata "The Winter Rose" today and tomorrow evening.
Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! thanks for finally posting! Love the picture of Elena and Elias...ok, the picture of you and Abby is great to ;) We're going to Messiah tonight. See ya'll in a week and a half! Can't wait!!
Em

Jacquelyn said...

Hey y'all! Merry Christmas! I've been keeping up with you through the Burtt blogs, but it is great to see a few other pics here. :) Your kids are soo cute...and growing!! We'll be praying you get your schedule filled and the Lord brings in all the support! Take care and have a wonderful Christmas! What a great Savior we serve!

Jacquelyn said...

Hey, Abby, my black-banding ceremony is Thursday. I'll try to take a few pics to send to you. :) Wish you could be here!! Love ya!

Al Burtt Family said...

Hey Sam & Abs! Great pics - I love the one that "Vern" took of you two - or maybe it was Mary?! :-) Love, Anna

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

Hey Jac! I hope your black banding ceremony goes well. I'm thinking of you and praying for you! I'm so proud of all your hard work! I know just how challenging those nursing classes and clinicals can be :) Have a Merry Christmas! Love ya, Abby