Chrysanthus and I drove down the dusty Ring Road to Babessi on Thursday for some follow up and New Testament distribution. We had not been there for almost a year I think. We were pleasantly surprised to find that portion of the Ring Road actually under construction to begin putting black top down. The widening and grating already cut our time on the road down in half to about a half hour.
Once we were heading to a house back in the quarter, I saw something that I had to stop and see closer. The tree that was being sawed into planks was a palace tree, usually the biggest and oldest in any village. They were sawing into planks with nothing but a chain saw. Very interesting to watch. The two men were thrilled to take their own New Testaments from us. We distributed about 180 New Testaments in the middle of town in about 10 minutes. Pray for the Word of God to have free course in these open hearts. We were able to witness to several people throughout the day.



1 comment:
Wow! Bet the Rains boys would like to get their chain saws into that tree!! Could make lots of beds out of that-maybe a whole houseful of furniture :)
Love to you all,
Mom B.
Post a Comment