Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mom and Emily's visit

Here are a few pictures of the last few weeks.  Mom and Emily have one more week with us in Cameroon...it has been great to have them!!!
Enjoying some family vacation time on our way to pick up Mom and Emily...swimming in Yaounde
Swinging in Yaounde...
Playing games back home in Ndop...I can win this one "Ten Days in Africa", but I am still due for my first win ever in Settlers of Catan
Mom with me and bro. Sunday on a trip to Babungo.  Emily went with me on our Friday outreach, and you can see pictures of our interesting day at her blog.
Walking to Sunday's house
Mom and Emily's first njama-njama and foo-foo meal.  Its a local staple of boiled corn meal and huckleberry greens with tomatoes, onion, and palm oil.  Some serve it with either beef, chicken, or fish.  We love it! 
 Opening a suitcase full of great stuff from America!
 Pizza party!
 Opening a Christmas package from Jessica and Andy.  It was sitting lost in our local post office for two months!!
A blast from the past...Arch books, yes!!
 Hot wheels!
 Evidence from a rain shower...
Abby and I taking an off-road date and making a visit to a family from a village 40 minutes away. 
Tom and I flew a few missions on the same day into Meyerim, Akwaya.  On two trips, I was able to fly in three people including Pastor Felix's wife.  Tom had flown her out due to the war a few weeks ago.  Things are quieting down there now, but continue to pray.  I flew my own assistant pastor, Chrysanthus out of Akwaya from his successful preaching trip with Felix.  They trekked a full day to Matene and had their first baptisms, 9 new believers! 
On a short hike near the Mbingo rest house where we are taking a day off!! 

4 comments:

Tizzy said...

I miss y'all so bad! I look at pictures & just long to see those adorable little nieces and nephew! And, of course, my sis & bro-in-law!!! :) I wanna go swimming in that pool with the kiddies! :) Love you!

Anna & Emily said...

How fun! I can't wait to visit! :-) What is Emily's blog? I want to see more pics!

Abigail Joshua said...

I just have to say Elias looks like he is in his element in the pool picture :-) Wish I were there, miss you all lots! So glad Emily and your mom can be there. Have a wonderful time and make lots of memories :-)
love you guys!

burttfamily said...

I love all the pictures!! I can't wait to meet Chloe, she's adorable - just like the rest of them. Love you all!

Joanna