Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Solo in Cameroon!!!!

Bro. Needham and I went out to practice flying on a beautiful end of rainy season day today. I wanted to stay around Sabga and just practice on the airstrip here. I had never landed here but have been practicing at other fields. I did about 3 or 4 landings with brother Tom after which he decided to get out of the plane. He has been a great teacher these last few months.

I made three takeoffs and landings solo and am tailwheel current again. This was my first flight as pilot in command in Africa...a dream come true! Praise the Lord for safety and wisdom today. Please continue to pray for many more safe flights as training turns into ministry. I hope to get checked out in the bush strips of Akwaya in the coming weeks. There will be a medical/dental evangelism in the bush in January.

Short final...

Touchdown...

Taxi to hangar...

With my family...whenever Elias and Elena hear an airplane (especially Elias) they will scream with delight and run outside to see. Elias came running to greet me after the flight with, "Daddy, Daddy!"

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Wow! Congratulations Samuel...I couldn't help but remember going out to the QC Airport and watching you fly solo at night when you were just 18 or 19! It has taken years of preparation for you to make this latest flight. Good job! Dad called me in to see these pics as he is the one who checks your blog. He sounded so excited I had to drop what I was doing to come see...so from both us, keep up the good work and may God's Word be spread all over the NW province of Cameroon with the use of your plane. Love and miss you all. Love Mom and Dad

Mom B. said...

What a blessing, Sam! We are excited for you and you can be assured we will continue in prayer for God's safety too :) Never a day goes by without many thoughts of you all! It's always such a blessing to see new pictures and postings...:)

Love you all much,
Dad & Mom B.

Stacey said...

Dreams do come true. So happy for you. You are all continually in our prayers.