Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Flying with my bro

Chris and I left the house about 6am today. I stopped at the gas station after Ndop and after getting one of the three containers filled for my plane the station ran out of gas! I had to drive back into town to another station for the rest which lost me 20 minutes drive time overall...so much for waking up early; I could have snoozed two or three times :) 

We finished the journey over what used to be a road and prepared the plane. Chris drove to Felix's mom's house and got a load of cargo for Felix. The flight was beautiful today- no chance of rain but the visibility went down from 10-15 miles in Sabga to 5 miles over Akwaya with haze. 

Felix and a friend picked us up at the airfield and we went to Akwaya town, about an hour hike or in our case a fifteen minute fun filled off road adventure! 

I taught the guys today reviewing some aspects of preaching and constructing their sermons. Pray for these men who are studying the Word and preaching Christ in Akwaya. 

I got to drive one of the motorcycles on the way back. This was my first time driving a dirt bike in Akwaya and was very fun! 

The flight back included another passenger and was enjoyable. It was a good day with my brother beside me!


2 comments:

Tim and Janet said...

Makes a father proud! Dad S

Tim and Janet said...

looks like dad beat me to comment. This brought tears to your mother's eyes. Just thrilled to see my sons serving the Lord together in Cameroon! Praying daily for you both, Abby, Laura, and all our grandkids there! Mom