Greetings from Cameroon!

Greetings from Cameroon!

II Thessalonians 3:1

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you;"

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tennessee Baptist History



Here is another Baptist History site that we found along the way. Buffalo Ridge Baptist Church was the first church of any kind in Tennessee and was founded in 1779 by Tidence Lane. He was one of the converts and preachers from Sandy Creek, NC who moved to the Tennessee wilderness to start churches for the pioneers. He helped form the first Baptist association of churches in Tennessee not long after that. The church today is a gospel preaching growing independent Baptist Church. It was a blessing to see the church in its current state standing for the Lord.

3 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Hey! Buffaloe Ridge Baptist Church is the church my mom grew up in! My grandparents still go there. :)

Jacquelyn said...

Abby and Sam,
This is Kathie Webb. I just saw your blog via JBW's computer. I recognized my home church, Buffalo Ridge Baptist. That is where I was saved. It's a wonderful place with rich heritage. So glad you visited. My parents are still there and we go back when we can. Trust the Lord is blessing your meetings.
Love,
Kathie Webb

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

Hi Webbs! Wow, that is amazing! I spoke with a few of the staff when we were there because I could not find the cemetery and marker where the first church was located. They were a big help. Great to hear of some connection there. It looks like a great church. Thanks for writing!