We thank the Lord for his blessings throughout our first year of marriage. From ministry to preparing for a baby, the Lord has been good to us! (Ps. 107:1,8)Abby and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary this last weekend in Chicago. We arrived Thursday afternoon and left Sunday evening after church. We bought a City Pass (CP) and found the following attractions to be A+
Museum of Science and Industry (CP)
Northerly Island Park (good-bye Meigs Field!)
The CTA (Chicago train/subway)
The Chicago Cubs victory at Wrigley Field on Friday pushing Greg Maddux to a 5-0 start (now if only the rest of the pitchers could figure out how to win!)
Rainforest Cafe
John Hancock Observatory (CP)
Cheesecake Factory
Shedd Aquarium (CP)
Adler Planetarium & Galileo's Cafe (CP)
It was a packed weekend and a lot faster paced than our honeymoon out west in Montana. We finished the trip by going to Marquette Manor Baptist Church with Lloyd and Bethany Estep. I taught the young adult/married Sunday School class for Pastor Ramler (Associate Pastor). It was a blessing meeting new people in the church and visiting friends and family.
1 comment:
I dont't know what HTML tags are!! You did more in your short stay in Chicago than I have done my whole life! I'm glad you had a nice first anniversary and pray that you have MANY more.
Love, Mom ( S)
Post a Comment